This video demonstrates how to use remote desktop, RDP, to access an Elastichosts cloud server running Windows.
- Navigate to the Elastichosts control panel. Here you can see your Windows server and the drive mounted on it.
- The IP address of the server is shown on the server. We need to use this to tell the RDP client where to connect to.
- Open up your Remote Desktop client.
- Put the IP address of the server into the input named ‘Computer’ and click ‘Connect’.
- You will now be prompted for a username and password. These should be the ones you supplied when setting up the server.
- You’ve now successfully connected to my Windows cloud server using RDP.
And that’s it. It’s that simple to connect to your Windows server through RDP and get started with Elastichosts.